BOOK REVIEW: Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

3:34 AM Pia San Felipe 0 Comments


Samantha Kingston has it all: looks, popularity, the perfect boyfriend. Friday, February 12th, should be just another day in her charmed life. Instead, it turns out to be her last. The catch: Samantha still wakes up the next morning. Living the last day of her life seven times during one miraculous week, she will untangle the mystery surrounding her death — and discover the true value of everything she is in danger of losing.

Rating: 4/5

I could read this all day if I could but my parents told me (right after I bought it) to not finish it in one sitting, thus doing so in two nights in a row. Hahahahaha. On to the “review”, Lauren Oliver’s debut novel is amazingly wonderful. I got confused and bored at first but it (the story) gets exciting as it goes on. This is one of the very few novels that I wanted to read on my own. By means of on my own, it is buying it not because a lot of my classmates know it or a lot of people from the internet says how awesome it is. I just came across this book as I was looking for a gift for a friend and I told myself that I just have to have it and read it. My hunch was right, it was worth it!

Sam and her friends are the typical Regina George clique in high school. But Lauren Oliver somehow found a way to let people see the other side of high school royalties. Yes, they bully and say mean things to other people but through all the meanness, they care for each other, like family and their love for each other is genuine. Everyday, as Samantha lives her last day for a week, a new secret unfolds, she gets to know a bit of something about herself and of other people. It’s pretty hard to put this book down once you got the hang of it.

I suggest high school girls read this, really worth your time, penny, effort, everything.

0 comments: