MY HERO: MY MOM

6:14 AM Pia San Felipe 2 Comments

"She has to be completely washable, but not made of plastic. She has to have 180 moveable parts, all replaceable. She'll have to run on black coffee and leftovers. She'll need a lap that disappears when she stands up. She'll have to have a kiss that can cure anything from a scraped finger to a disappointed love affair. She will also need six pairs of hands.... It's the three pairs of eyes that mothers have to have. One pair is to see through closed doors when she asks, "What are you kids doing in there?" although she'll already know. She needs another pair here in the back of her head that can see the things she shouldn't have to, but things that she has to know. And of course, she'll need a set of eyes here in front that will be able to look at a child when he goofs up. Those eyes will be able to say, "I understand and I love you," without even muttering a word.... I'm so close now to creating something that is so much like myself, that I just can't stop. I've already created one who can ... heal herself when she is sick, feed a family of six on one pound of hamburger, and can get a nine-year-old to stand under a shower.... It's too soft... But it's tough! You cannot imagine what this mother will be able to do or the things that she will be able to endure.... Not only can she think, but she will be able to reason and compromise.... It's a tear! It's for joy, sadness, disappointment, pain, loneliness, love and pride." [Excerpts from Erma Bombeck's When God Created Mothers]

My mother is my hero. Simply because through everything I have been into she has always been there for me. I have seen sadness in her eyes during those times when it seems as if the world was against me. I have seen pride in her eyes whenever I achieved the goals I worked hard for. I have seen happiness in her eyes whenever I am at my highest points. I have seen sorrow in her eyes whenever I failed to reach something I have always aimed for. But most of all, I have seen love in her eyes; all those times that I looked into her deep brown eyes I cannot miss the wave of relief and assurance that I will always have her with me. She may lose her temper at some point or another but she cannot let a day pass by without telling us that all she ever wanted is for us to be successful and happy thus her scolding. 

As a woman she has been through a lot of hard times but she faced them with as much bravery a soldier can ever muster. I have seen her cry a lot of times, when she'd go inside my sister and i's bedroom and talk to ate and cry because she cannot take it anymore but after all the tears have fallen she'd kiss us both and tell us how much she loves us and that he's willing to go through everything for our family's good. For a woman her age (and height), she really is one tough cookie. I admire her so much, for her courage, bravery, understanding, passion, and just about every bit of her. She had raised me, my sister and my brother in such way that we'd all grow up as civilized young men and women. 

I know that just about every kid would say that his/her mother is the best, and I am one of those kids and I am not just saying that, my mom really is. Having her as my mom is one proof that God has really blessed us.

Dear mom, thank you for everything for being there, for the advises, for the attention, for caring for us, for loving us. Mom, you're the best possible mother that we can have and the most fitting wife for dad. I am and will always be your liebling, I love you.

2 comments:

  1. sweet! <3 happy mother's day to your mom! followed your blog! -katrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! Happy mother's day to your mom too!

      Delete