21 THINGS I WANT TO DO BEFORE I TURN 21

12:35 AM Pia San Felipe 0 Comments

Three years ago I made a list of the 21 things I wish to do before I turn 21. I have just read it again (because the bestfriend asked to see it) and man, was I ever ambitious. Let me rephrase, was I ever lazy. I can pretty much do everything on the list but yeah. So here's the list I made way back May 2010.
Number 21 is so cheesy I just want to kill myself.  Out of the list I was able to tick off number 6, 9, 13, 16 and 17. Seeing how impossible some of these still are as of the time being (hello number 3 and 4), I decided to make another one. This time, one that's more suitable with my resources and my current mind set. I guess this new list would be more mature given that I am two years older than I used be when I made the previous one.
[Image from here]
To learn how to drive is still number one on my list because it is such a hassle to have to look for a driver whenever I need to attend an event which I cannot commute to and from. Besides, I'm  nearly 18 and can already get a driver's license so why not.
[Image from here]
Plant a tree. I've attended various clean up drives but I've never been able to plant a tree seedling. I remember during my senior year in high school, I was so close to getting this done but we've been struck by a typhoon that our school decided to postpone it.
[Image from here]
Donate blood. The reason why I still haven't done this is because they won't accept blood donations from people not 18 years old or older.
[Image from here]
Have picnic in a park with friends. Do I need to explain why? It's so chill and a new and fresh way to spend time with the awesomest set of human beings, ever.
[Image from here]
Go hiking. I've always wanted to go up a mountain and see the beauty of the land below. I bet that would be so wonderful that I would shout at the top of my lungs once I reach the peak.
[Image from here]
Read 50 books in a year. This was actually my project for this year but I know I won't be able to meet my quota because there's only two months left and I still have school and I still have 40 books to read. But I really want to get this done because reading is my first love.
[Image from here]
Visit at least one country again. It doesn't necessarily have to be New York or in Europe, it could be anywhere, even just in Asia. I've fallen in love with travelling when I first flew out years ago and I want to continue my love affair with it.
[Image from here]
Throw a house party. Because why can't I and why shouldn't I.
[Image from here]
Start an exercise routine. I'm not going to get any younger so I think I really need to find a routine that works for me and stick with it.
[Image from Nike]
In order to get number 9 done, I need to own a pair of running shoes first. I've been meaning to buy one but I never really got around to doing so because I can't find a design or color that I like. If I'm gonna run and/or exercise I want my feet to wear something spazz.
[Image from here]
Start a healthy diet. I know I've been eating nothing but junk ever since I've been aware of how bad veggies taste so it's time to get my palates worked up and start accepting the bitter health my body deserves.
[Image from here]
Find a go-to style. My taste for clothes is constantly changing that whenever I feel lazy dressing up, I feel as if I have nothing to wear. I need to find out what my style really is and stock up on staples.
[Image from here]
Graduate from college. With honors would be a huge bonus but I really really just want to finish my pre-med degree and get into a good med school.
[Image from here]
Go on a roadtrip with my best friend. The epitome of chill.

15. Find out what my purpose in life is.
16. Have a more positive outlook in life.
17. Set my goals and priorities straight.
18. Let go of the people and memories that's weighing me down. Keep my trusted friends and family close.
19. Have a better grasp in understanding the universe.
20. Be a little less irritated with strangers.
21. Be a better and happier person.

So there you go. A more mature and achievable list, I guess. I'm really looking forward to my 21st birthday, reading this and saying, "you've done good, self" because I've been able to do everything on this list.

0 comments: