LATELY

5:39 AM Pia San Felipe 6 Comments


I AM EXHAUSTED BEYOND WORDS. School has taken overdrive and I can't do anything but allow it to take me wherever it feels like taking me. Towards insanity, for instance. I'm juggling all my subjects, and trying to be an adult to help my brother cope with the big bad wolf that is Manila. Some people may have it worse than I do but I think I still have a tiny bit of right left to feel tired. Being on my last year in college is really difficult. I have a thesis to finish, hours of OJT to consume, subjects to pass, deadlines to meet, a review to attend, and a life to live. I have ditched my friends twice already because I have to write my paper and I was too sleepy to go out. I'm also starting to see less of my family (not including my brother) as I am in Manila five days per week and sometimes I have a seminar to attend during Saturdays and on Sunday, I have to leave early for my review class. Can I just say that I MISS MY DOG. More than anyone, I miss that furball. And okay, I also miss my mother's constant nagging to get me to get out of bed, my father's dad jokes, my sister's grammar consultation (LOL she does that still, but over text), and our help's fussing over a missing pair of my foot socks. To cut it short, I MISS HOME.
Despite me being homesick and tired and always being sleepy AF, I'm still alive and kicking and breathing. I'm (kind of) surviving thesis - my paper has gone through two revisions and it has really improved since I first submitted it to my thesis adviser. I'm also (almost) done with my internship and will just have to finish a few requirements and let my psychological report go through revisions as well. And I OPENED MY OWN BANK ACCOUNT and I couldn't be prouder. It may be shallow but it's really big for me. It's a huge step towards me being financially responsible (read: 20 THINGS I'M GONNA DO IN MY 20's). I'm slowly learning to not give in to my impulsive tendencies to buy anything aesthetically pleasing. 
I really really hope I can pull this year off. There's nothing I want more than to finish college and get into a good medical school. I'm also wishing that I can somehow stop having to ask my parents for money for e v e r y t h i n g (AKA save up!! I'm planning to sell clothes that I never, barely and rarely use???). It's a stressful month(s)/semester but I get through everyday with what little energy and strength and courage I have left. Here's to a brand new week that I wish to get through!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck on the new school week, and i hope you'd feel more rested now! :) School can be cray, but I do hope you'll find the time to treat yourself with something nice. :)

    xx Jhanz
    www.jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :) I'm still constantly sleepy but I did treat myself to pizza today. Hahaha! PS love your blog's layout <3

      Delete
  2. Good luck with everything! It's always my cats I miss the most during the work week... and those ingrates don't even appreciate me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Pets are very easy to miss, apparently. Hahaha.

      Delete
  3. Don't ever think that opening a bank account early in your 20s as something to regret. It's one step to adulting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I'm glad I opened my own bank account, it's making me double think every time I plan on purchasing something. :)

      Delete